Pages

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Better Day Today!

Got that call from the doctor again...I am waiting for the time when I can answer the phone, hear it is the doctor and not have my heart drop to my stomach.  I was a little calmer this time when I got the call...just a little nervous. :)  Dr. Whittington (I hope I spelled that right!) said he knew he kept calling and giving me bad news so he wanted to be able to call and give me some good news!  Here is his update:

-Colby's urine output was much better today---he had tee-teed 4 times more today than yesterday!!!  Whoo Hoo!

-Blood work showed no infections!

-The doctor upped his feedings to 5 CCs and are planning on going up 1 CC every 12 hours as long as Colby is tolerating his food ok.  The goal is to get to 12 CCs!

-They may stop the dopamine tomorrow if Colby continues doing well.

Night-Time Check In
Talked in with Ms. Debbie tonight and got an evening update:

-Colby is doing good tonight.

-His oxygen is still at 100% and they had to raise his mean airway.  His oxygen SATs wouldn't get much higher than 70-85.  PRAYER---Please pray that Colby turns this around and keeps his SATs in the low 90s!

-They had to up his dopamine to 4 mcg but have been able to bring this back down to 3 mcg.  PRAYER--Please pray that Colby doesn't need the dopamine.

-They have done a belly x-ray to check and see how he is tolerating his food.  We will have to wait and see what the results are.  He hasn't had any residual (extra formula in his tummy that isn't digested) which is good---it shows that his body is doing what he is supposed to with food! :)  PRAYER--Please pray that he continues to handle his food and we don't have to see the feeding stopped!

Thank you for all of your love, support, and prayers!

Brie

1 comment:

  1. Oh Brie, so good to hear he is doing well and how caring the doctors are. Yea for no infections!! Keep hanging in there. Praying!

    ReplyDelete