Pages

Sunday, August 12, 2012

A Special Day for Mommy...

I want to start this blog off a little differently.  I know that I can't begin to name everyone that has been there for us and helped us but I would like to mention a few to begin with:

--To our family and friends---we would have gone crazy without you.  You have been there for us to cheer with and to cry with.  Thanks for always having a shoulder to lend.

--I want to say thank you to all of you who read this blog and pray for our family.  You have touched our hearts in a way that we could never express.

--Thank you to all our church family.  Your support and love is unending and gives us the strength to get through the next week. :)

--Thank you to all the people who are following along on Facebook---it is amazing to us the amount of support we are receiving!

--Thank you to all of the nurses, doctors, and staff that are taking care of our sweet baby.  They have been AMAZING and so thoughtful.  So very thankful for them!

News for Today:
We called this morning and got our morning update.  Colby had a rough night but they were able to get his oxygen down to 80% and he had gotten some platelets last night as well.  Because they are having to give him platelets so often the doctor decided to check for CMV (Cytomegalovirus) but his nurse said they like to rule things out and that a lot of premature babies needed more platelets.  PRAYER--These results will come back in a few days.  Please pray the results are negative.

We decided to take Ainsley up to the hospital for the first time today!  She was very excited about going to see her little brother.  We went up after her nap and Daddy took her in.  Debbie was our nurse today and she was wonderful with her.  Debbie got Ainsley a stool to stand on and answered all of her questions.  Ainsley said he was so tiny!  She also said a prayer for him while we were there---she can be so sweet! :)  Then she was ready to go.  She didn't want to stay long!

Then Mommy and Grams got to go in and spend a little time with Colby.  Here are some info updates:

--He is on a photo therapy light (which he has been for a few days and we just keep forgetting to mention it) because of some jaundice.  PRAYER--that he gets better soon. (Even though we will probably be on this a few times while we are in here)

--His oxygen was down to 78% while we were there and they had been able to lower his oxygen pressure a little bit as well.  PRAISE!!!

--His sats were looking good.  PRAISE!!!

--They have upped his feeding to 2 CCs every 3 hours!  We have been warned that this is a roller coaster ride and that his feeding could be doing great one minute and turn around the next minute.  Let's just hope he eats like his sister and has a lot more great days instead of any bad. ;)  PRAISE!!

--He had to have his diaper changed today and the nurse let Mommy change it!!!!!  Talk about terrified and so excited at the same time!  He was on his tummy so I was changing him upside down.  I took the diaper off and then got a little sidetracked by the weight of the diaper and the nurse reminded to hurry and get the diaper on before he tee-tee'd and they had to change the bedding! :)  Then I had to tuck his little feet under him but he kept trying to stretch out his right leg and make it difficult for me! PRAISE!! PRAISE!!

--Then I got to put lotion on him!!!!  I rubbed his little back with it and then I rubbed some on his head (messed up his hair a little!)!  His sats went up while I was doing this so he obviously like his Mommy to love on him!  PRAISE!!! PRAISE!!!! PRAISE!!!

I know that we are going to have bad days and they are rough to get through.  But days like this---they melt your heart.  I could just sit there and watch him for hours.  Amazing how the love you feel for someone is just so overwhelming.  I am so thankful to have my little family and I feel so blessed!   

I am so thankful for all the prayer warriors that jumped in when we needed them yesterday.  We will be calling in a little while to get our nightly update from the hospital---pray his night is like his day was and he is holding steady!

God Bless,
Brie

8 comments:

  1. Oh Brie, this is just the best news...makes me want to cry (again!) So thankful that you got to do "mommy" things and change his diaper and rub lotion on him. What a praise! We will keep those prayers going for sweet Colby! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marueen, I've known you and your family for more than 30 years, and I wish that I could do everything to help you all through this. We are family of a different type, and I pray every day for your beautiful son. I know that God has a plan, that the trials you face are only to make you all, including Colby, stronger as you continue to live each day. I love you all, and if you need anything, call me, I'll do anything I can to be by your side, holding each of you, praying, loving, and sharing in the Lord's plan.

    Your's ever after,
    Micheal

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise the Lord for those precious mommy moments! So thankful y'all had a good day!
    Praising! Praising! Praising!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love this post! I am boo-hooing in my office, but since everyone asks for updates on Colby, I just don't care! :) Praying for a great day today for little man. Love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My family will be praying for your family. I happened upon your blog through Footprints via Facebook. We are the parents of a NICU Baptist Hospital gradute 2006. We are Team Colby and are so thankful taht he had an awesome day yeaterday. To God be the glory.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your comment! I love hearing from all these other NICU families. We are so blessed at all the people following along and praying for us...thank you for being one of those. Please keep us updated on your graduate!

      Delete
  6. We too found your blog via the Footprints facebook. We have a former 25 weeker that graduated from Baptist south NICU. He weighed 1 lb. 14 oz. He is now a little over 2 yrs old and weigjs 22 lbs. They do great work there and love them so much. Praying for you and your journey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is so amazing to us! The staff in the NICU is wonderful and we keep hearing all about different kinds of success stories...they just warm your heart. Thank you for the hope your story gives to us-thank you for sharing. Colby is such a miracle to us and all the little improvements each day bring a smile to our face!

      Delete