Pages

Sunday, September 30, 2012

TWO Months old and other good news!

September 28, 2012
-TWO MONTHS OLD TODAY!!!!  I can't believe how far Colby has come!  Our pumpkin hit 3 pounds 5 ounces (again)!  Still doing 24 CCs of 27 calorie formula.  His oxygen was at 26%, his pressure was at 6 and his bump rate was at 10.


September 29, 2012
-Ainsley, Grams, and I went to visit Colby after Grandma and Grandpa did.  Lots of visitors today!  Mommy brought him an Alabama onesie for him to wear during the Ole Miss game!  It was a little big (it was really a lot big) but his nurse, Michelle, fixed that by flipping Colby over and taping the excess together!  Then she let Ainsley hold him for the first time on the edge of the bed so Mommy could get some wonderful pictures!  What a wonderful day!

-Daddy called and checked in on him later and his nurse for the evening, Brandi, said she had been trying to teach him to say "War Eagle!"  Brandi didn't give Colby a chance to get into trouble tonight---she went ahead and bundled him up good so he couldn't grab his CPAP and pull it out. :)


September 30, 2012
-Mommy and Daddy took Ainsley to visit after lunch and he was doing good.  Had just gotten a diaper change and was getting some food.  He fussed a little bit and pulled his CPAP out once.  His bump rate was at 5 and they were going to be lowering that to see how he did.

-When Daddy called to check in tonight and our pumpkin is AT 0 BUMP RATE!!!!!  They took it to 0 at 4pm tonight (it is now 10:30pm) and he is doing well without it!  This means that there is no longer a puff of air reminding him to breath on his own!  There is still oxygen coming out of the tubes---but it is just a slow and steady stream for when he needs it!!!!!  WOW! PRAYER!!!!  Please pray that my baby boy does well with this and keeps taking more steps in the right direction!


Please allow me a few minutes of something other than an update to Colby...  Our church had a Night of Praise this evening. (An evening of singing songs of praise and worship)  I am in charge of the nursery and Kid Central (our school age children's ministry) and I usually find myself in one of the two rooms so I am not always able to sit in church each week.  These evenings are very special to me and I really look forward to them---especially with everything going on in life right now.  As the night is unfolding---I am being lifted up by the song choices and the messages I am hearing.  And then they play one song (at this point I can't even tell you which one it was) and it just hits home.  I have to sit down and let it out.  Luckily I had friends all around me.  Then I get to thinking about things---I am not crying because I am sad.  I am crying because I am so blessed!!!!!  I have the most wonderful and thoughtful husband.  We have a beautiful little girl that has been such a joy for us.  Our little man---who has had a rough start---has made such tremendous progress.  We have our health.  We have fabulous family and friends.  All because of God's great love. 

Thank you to our praise team that led us tonight!  LOVED IT!  And thank you SO MUCH to my ladies that worked the nursery so that I could relax and know all those babies were taken care of with much love!  I am so thankful to have you guys on our volunteer team!  You are the best!

God Bless all of you!
Brie

No comments:

Post a Comment