Pages

Saturday, September 8, 2012

Making Mommy look like an amateur!

Morning Check-In
Talked with his nurse, Brooke, this morning and Colby was having a good morning.  His rate was at 20 and his oxygen was at 70%.  He weighed 2 pounds and 9 ounces---lost an ounce which isn't always bad.  He had just eaten and was sleeping when I called.

Morning Visit
-Jason and I went to visit this morning and Brooke had placed one of the bean bag things that they wrap around him on his head and over his eyes so it blocked out a little more light.  He seemed to like that and was sleeping well.

-Of course Mommy had to move it off his face so I could watch him and I ended up waking him up!

-A few minutes later his SATs went down a bit so I tried talking to him and tried to hold him hand...he didn't want anything to do with me.  He started to get agitated and was squirming and pushing himself up a little with his arms and then he tried to turn his face into the bed---which of course he can't do because he is attached to a ventilator!!  I freaked out a bit for messing with him so I put the bean bag thing back over his eyes!

-It was almost time to change his diaper so I was able to do it.  I got him cleaned and went to put the new diaper on and he started to poo-poo!  I got the diaper under him and waited for him to finish, then went to clean him again and he started poo-pooing again!  At this point the diaper is actually turned sideways and then Colby starts to tee-tee!!!!  Brooke had to step to the other side of the bed to help me finish getting him clean and put a fresh diaper on him!!!  It was so sweet of Colby to make Mommy look like an amateur at changing diapers!!!

-I also got to suction his mouth out and wash out his little mouth and face!

-Colby's potassium was still a touch low so they were giving him a little bit more with his formula.

-He was still at 70% oxygen and his rate was 20.

PM Check-In
-Called and talked with Brandon to see how Colby was doing and we are having a good night!

-He had a good blood gas at 8pm so they went down on his pressure by 1!!  PRAISES!!

-His rate is still at 20 but his oxygen is down to 50%!!!!  PRAISES!!!

-His feeding is still going well and they are adding potassium to his feedings because he is still a little low on it.  His potassium is now at 3.3

-He weighs 2 pounds 8 ounces tonight.

We have been so blessed to be able to do these little "normal" parent things over the last few days!  Such an amazing feeling to finally be doing some of these things for our little man!  God is so wonderful and I am humbled at the miracles I am witnessing with Colby and these other NICU babies!  Thank you for all the prayers and please keep them coming!

Brie

1 comment:

  1. Continuing to pray that more and more of these "moments" :) come your way! Praising with you guys! Christie

    ReplyDelete