Pages

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Playing Catch Up Again...

It has been awhile since I have had a chance to update but I have some people asking so I wanted to make sure I had time tonight. :)  Here are some highlights for the last few days!

October 13, 2012
-Came off his ventilator and back onto his CPAP that morning and by that evening he was off that and back on his High Flow Cannula!!!  He did such a good job of getting of the ventilator quickly.
-By the afternoon he was back to eating 10 CCs.   By 9pm he had moved up to 20 CCs!!

October 14, 2012
-Up to 30 CCs of formula by 9am!!!!  Yeah!!!
-Daddy and Mommy took Ainsley up to see Colby today.  She had to wear a mask which she thought was weird and then decided it was fun.  We got to hold a sleepy Colby who de-SATed and bradyed a few times.
-By the evening time they had upped his feedings to 35 CCs!!!  Whoo Hoo!
-Colby decided to misbehave and he pulled his feeding tube out!!  Silly boy!

October 15, 2012
-Colby was finally deciding to really wake up---it takes a few days after surgery for all the medicine to get completely out of his system.  He had a really good day with very few de-SATs and bradys!

October 16, 2012
-Daddy took Aric to visit Colby today and when they got over to his bed he had pulled out his cannula and had it in his mouth chewing on it! :)
-Mommy went up later and got to hold him for quite awhile.  He decided to brady while I was holding him and of course I freaked out.  I tried patting his little bottom and talking to him and Elizabeth came over (calm as can be mind you) and just rubbed his head and talked to him and he started breathing again.  The second time he did it, I was a little calmer and was able to bring him around.
-He was back to weighing 4 pounds 2 ounces!  Whoo Hoo!

October 17, 2012
-Jason and I had a lovely visit today.  He was very active while we were holding him.  He was hungry and kept gnawing on his pacifier.  We had to put him back in his bed so we could go back to work and I tried to make sure that he was situated so his pacifier would stay in but I don't think I did a good job!

Thank you for all your prayers.  We are amazed daily when we hear about people following Colby's journey.  He is such a blessing to our family!

 Brie

1 comment:

  1. 1 - How is is possible that it's already been 2.5 months??? He has gotten SO BIG over time!

    2 - How CUTE is he??? It's been so long (relative to his lifetime) since I've seen him - I had almost forgotten.

    Love that Colby-time... Praise God for this little (BIG) blessing!!!!

    ReplyDelete