Pages

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Need Prayer and Give Praise!

October 3, 2012
Daddy had a luncheon to attend today so Mommy took Ms. Krissy and Ms. Chelsey to see Colby at lunch.  He was wide awake when Krissy and I went in.  Ms. Rosa was giving him his lunch.  He sneezed 8 times in a row!  By the time Ms. Chelsey came in, he had a full belly and was sleeping away.  He didn't want to open his eyes for Chelsey at all!

Dr. Parma (Colby's eye doctor) called me later that evening.  Colby's eyes are not developing the way that Dr. Parma would like to see by this point.  He is going to start visiting Colby twice a week to keep a closer look at his eyes.  Colby has a greater chance at this point of having the eye surgery...so Dr. Parma will be watching to see when/if that needs to happen. PRAYER---Please pray that Colby's eye continue to develop in the correct way and that his eyes do not need to have they surgery.  (I know how far laser surgery has come---I have even decided that I want to get laser surgery---but there is something about my baby having it that takes it to a whole different level).  IF Colby has to have surgery---please pray that it goes well and he is able to see as much as possible! 


October 4, 2012
Mommy took Ms. Jill up to visit Colby today while we were waiting for Daddy to get there.  His nurse, Carol, asked if I wanted to hold him and of course I said yes!  I got to hold him while he ate his lunch.  Then I let Jill hold him and then Daddy came in and he got to hold him while Colby finished his formula. 

HIS NURSE INFORMED ME THAT HE ROLLED OVER!!!  WHAT A WIGGLE-WORM!!!  She had laid him on his front (or his back) and the next time she came back to check on him he had turned himself over the opposite way!  PRAISE!!!  My little one is already learning big boy tricks!  What a way to bring a smile to this proud Mommy!  I just hate that I missed it!

Grams went for a visit today and she said he was just a wiggling around and wouldn't settle down.  He had moved himself out of the little bean roll that Carol had around him.

I called and talked to the night nurse and she said he hadn't held still--he was just moving everywhere.  So she swaddled him and he has settled right on down.  He apparently likes to have his head toward the back of the bed...silly boy!  He was up to 3 pounds 9 ounces and was doing well with his formula.  He was behaving for the most part.  He had a couple of de-SATs but he brought himself out of those pretty quickly.

Thank you for all the continued prayers and good wishes from everyone.  I was worried that after the initial "excitement" of his early arrival and him getting settled in that people would stop reading and sending encouraging thoughts our way on a regular basis.  I know that it is a little selfishness on my part but your words help me get through these rough days.  The sweet and kind words from a stranger remind me that God has a special plan for Colby and we just have to trust in that.  The love from our friends reminds me that we don't have to do this alone.  I know that Colby is in wonderful hands---I can truly say that these nurses and doctors make it much easier to be able to sleep at night, go to work each day, take care of my older baby, and keep going each day because I know they are there taking care of him.  I ache to bring him home but I also know he isn't quite ready (and neither are we!) but I am so thankful for all his progress and I am so thankful that I have prayer warriors that we can count on to help us each and every day.

God Bless,
Brie

No comments:

Post a Comment