Pages

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Retinal Eye Surgery

Dr. Parma called Saturday morning and informed us that the Avastan injection that he gave to Colby's right eye was not slowing down the growth of scar tissue and that the detachment of the retina was worsening.  They will be transporting Colby to Nashville Monday morning and late Tuesday afternoon, Dr. Recchia, will perform surgery to try to remove the scar tissue and reattach the retina.  We will find out more details once Dr. Recchia has a chance to evaluate him.

Please be in prayer for Colby's eyes. Pray for safe travel for Colby, as well as, Brie and I.  Pray for wisdom and steady hands for Dr. Recchia.

It is hard to not question your faith when times are tough. Even though we do not always understand why thing happen the way they do, we can take comfort in knowing that God's plan is perfect and that He will give us the strength to endure.  I found the following verses tonight and they said everything I needed to hear.

My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from Him.  He alone is my rock and my salvation;  He is my fortress, I will never be shaken.  Psalm 62:1-2

Be strong and courageous; do not be frightened or dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go. Joshua 1:9

By His light I walked through darkness. Job 29:3


Colby sure does like his formula.  He weighed in at 6 lbs 1 oz tonight.  We just need to get him taking it all from a bottle so that we can get him home.

Thank you all for the love and support you have shown us.  God has put so many caring people in our lives and we would not be able to make it through this without you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment